Latin American cuisine is satisfying, packed full of flavor, and great to share with friends. If you’re craving more flavor, head to one of these delicious Latin American restaurants in Chicago located near Catalyst Apartments:
Tanta Chicago serves authentic Peruvian cuisine in a stylish, modern environment. This restaurant celebrates Peruvian flavors and traditions, including the culinary influence of Japanese migrants in Peru. The menu features seafood from the Pacific coast of the country, but also introduces traditional street food elements. During happy hour, you can enjoy discounted pisco sours as well as $5 Peruvian beers.
- Anticuchos – meat and veggie skewers traditionally sold on the streets of Peru
- Chicha Morada – a unique mocktail invention made of Peruvian purple corn, pineapple, cinnamon, cloves, and sugar
Carnivale is a Latin-fusion restaurant located in Chicago’s West Loop. The creative and eclectic menu features flavors from Mexico, Central, and South America. The restaurant features a global, eclectic atmosphere. On Friday nights, the restaurant hosts a variety show and dinner guests are told to “expect the unexpected.” Each week, DJs, aerialists and dancers, as well as musicians, surprise guests with energetic performances.
- Gaucho Steak – an Argentine classic cut of meat, cooked over a charcoal grill
- Cuban Cigar – a hazelnut sponge cake topped with roasted mousse, oreo crumbles, and aged-rum ice cream
Havana Pan Latin Grill & Mojito Bar
This lively, art deco themed restaurant serves up Cuban-American food and Caribbean cocktails in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Havana is especially lively on Friday and Saturday nights when live music and Latin-style dancing take center stage.
- Ropa Vieja – a traditional Cuban dish of shredded steak simmered in a tomato sauce, served with rice, beans, and sweet plantains
- Cuban Coconut Rum Flan – a dessert that celebrates the Caribbean island flavors